It was World War II, and the captain was attempting to rally the GIs on the eve of a big offensive.
"Out there," said the captain, "is your enemy. The man who has made your life miserable, who is working to destroy you; the man who has been trying to kill you day after day throughout this war."
Private Johnson jumped to his feet. "My God! The cook’s working for the Germans!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—adj. - all-embracing; of wide sympathies or interests.
- of interest or use to all; universal. - (catholic) a roman catholic. B including all christians, or all of the western church. —n. (catholic) roman catholic. catholicism n. Catholicity n. [greek holos whole] CAULDRON
n. (also caldron) large deep vessel used for boiling. [latin caldarium hot bath]
n. (pl. -s pronunc. Same) informal article or talk. [french]
n. - raised road across low ground or water.
- raised path by a road. [anglo-french caucee from latin *calx] CAUTIOUS
adj. Having or showing caution. cautiously adv. Cautiousness n.
—n. - hist. (cavalier) supporter of charles i in the civil war.
- courtly gentleman. - archaic horseman. —adj. Offhand, supercilious, curt. [related to *cavalcade] CELERIAC
n. Variety of celery. [from *celery]
n. Archaic or literary swiftness. [latin celer swift]
—adj. - unmarried or committed to sexual abstention, esp. For religious reasons.
- having no sexual relations. —n. Celibate person. celibacy n. [latin caelebs unmarried] CELLULAR
adj. Consisting of cells, of open texture; porous. cellularity n. [french: related to *cell]
- radio n. System of mobile radio-telephone transmission with an area divided into ‘cells’, each served by a small transmitter.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Polar Bears trying to blend in with the ice will sometimes cover up their black nose with their paws.