A preacher went into his church and he was praying to God.
While he was praying, he asked God, "How long is 10 million years to you?"
He replied, "1 second."
The next day the preacher asked God, “God, how much is 10 million dollars to you?"
And God replied, "A penny."
Then finally the next day the preacher asked God, “God, can I have one of your pennies?"
And God replied, "Just wait a sec."
- joc. Or offens. Sexually attractive woman or women. [origin uncertain]
—v. (-ling) (often foll. By up) 1 crush or become crushed into creases or wrinkles.
- collapse, give way. —n. Crease or wrinkle. [obsolete crump curl up]
adj. (-ier, -iest) hard and crisp. crunchiness n.
n. - strap looped under a horse's tail to hold the harness back.
- hindquarters of a horse. [french: related to *croup2]
—n. - hist. Any of several medieval military expeditions made by europeans to recover the holy land from the muslims.
- vigorous campaign for a cause. —v. (-ding) engage in a crusade. crusader n. [french: related to *cross]
n. (pl. -s) chief monetary unit of brazil. [portuguese]
n. Person who weeps frequently.
adj. Obscure in meaning; secret, mysterious. cryptically adv.
ball n. Glass globe used in crystal-gazing.
- —n. - a transparent colourless mineral, esp. Rock crystal. B piece of this.
- a highly transparent glass; flint glass. B articles of this.
- crystalline piece of semiconductor.
- aggregation of molecules with a definite internal structure and the external form of a solid enclosed by symmetrically arranged plane faces. —adj. (usu. Attrib.) Made of, like, or clear as crystal. [greek krustallos]