What is the difference between a Russian optimist, pessimist and realist?
The optimist studies English.
The pessimist studies Chinese.
The realist stays home and cleans his kalashnikov.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: B
Found: 1425 results
n. - long-handled brush for sweeping.
- shrub with bright yellow flowers. [old english]
n. Thin soup of meat or fish stock. [old english]
bear n. Large n. American brown bear.
- coal n. = *lignite.
- owl n. - any of various owls, esp. The tawny owl.
- (brown owl) adult leader of brownie guides.
- rice n. Unpolished rice.
- sugar n. Unrefined or partially refined sugar.
- —adj. - having the colour of dark wood or rich soil.
- dark-skinned or suntanned.
- (of bread) made from wholemeal or wheatmeal flour. —n. - brown colour or pigment.
- brown clothes or material. —v. Make or become brown. browned off colloq. Fed up, disheartened.
v. (often foll. By abroad, about) spread (a report or rumour). [french, = noise]
n. Chief impact of an attack, task, etc. (esp. Bear the brunt of). [origin unknown]
—n. - implement with bristles, hair, wire, etc. Set into a block, for cleaning, painting, arranging the hair, etc.
- act of brushing.
- (usu. Foll. By with) short esp. Unpleasant encounter.
- fox's bushy tail.
- piece of carbon or metal as an electrical contact esp. With a moving part.
- = *brushwood 2. —v. - sweep, scrub, treat, or tidy with a brush.
- remove or apply with a brush.
- graze in passing. brush aside dismiss curtly or lightly. Brush off dismiss abruptly. Brush up 1 clean up or smarten.
- revise (a subject). [french]
—n. - a brutal or violent person. B colloq. Unpleasant person or difficult thing.
- animal. —attrib. Adj. - unthinking (brute force).
- cruel; stupid; sensual. brutish adj. Brutishly adv. Brutishness n. [latin brutus stupid]
fizz n. Cocktail of champagne and orange juice. [buck's club in london]
—n. (pl. -ies) esp. Us colloq. Friend or mate. [perhaps from *brother]
v. (-ging) (usu. With neg.) 1 move slightly.
- (cause to) change an opinion. budge up (or over) make room for another person by moving. [french bouger]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
There are more than 50 different kinds of kangaroos.