A man goes into a pet shop to buy a parrot.
The shop owner points to three identically looking parrots on a perch and says:
"The parrot on the left costs $500."
"Why does the parrot cost so much?", asks the guest.
The owner says,
"Well, the parrot knows how to use a computer."
The man then asks about the next parrot. He is told that this one costs $1000, because it can do everything the other parrot can do, plus it knows how to use the UNIX operating system.
Naturally, the increasingly startled man asks about the third parrot. He is told that it costs $2000. Needless to say this begs the question,
"What can it do?"
To which the owner replies,
"To be honest I have never seen it do a thing, but the other two call him boss!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—v. (past and past part. Bred) 1 (of animals) produce young.
- propagate; raise (animals). - yield; result in. - arise; spread. - bring up; train. - create (fissile material) by nuclear reaction. —n. - stock of similar animals or plants within a species, usu. Developed by deliberate selection. - race; lineage. - sort, kind. breeder n. [old english] BRENT
n. (in full brent-goose) small migratory goose. [origin unknown]
n. - mus. Note twice the length of a semibreve.
- mark ( ) indicating a short or unstressed vowel. [var. Of *brief] BRIAR
var. Of *brier1.
- var. Of *brier2. BRIBE
—v. (-bing) (often foll. By to + infin.) Persuade to act improperly in one's favour by a gift of money etc. —n. Money or services offered in bribing. bribery n. [french briber beg]
—n. - a small usu. Rectangular block of fired or sun-dried clay used in building. B material of this.
- child's toy block. - brick-shaped thing. - slang generous or loyal person. —v. (foll. By in, up) close or block with brickwork. —adj. - built of brick (brick wall). - (also brick-red) dull red. [low german or dutch] BRIDE
n. Woman on her wedding day and during the period just before and after it. [old english]
—adj. - of short duration.
- concise; abrupt, brusque. - scanty (brief skirt). —n. - (in pl.) Short pants. - a summary of a case drawn up for counsel. B piece of work for a barrister. - instructions for a task. - papal letter on discipline. —v. - instruct (a barrister) by brief. - inform or instruct in advance. hold a brief for argue in favour of. In brief to sum up. briefly adv. Briefness n. [latin brevis short] BRIER
n. (also briar) wild rose or other prickly bush. [old english]
- n. (also briar) 1 white heath of s. Europe. - tobacco pipe made from its root. [french bruyère] BRILL
n. (pl. Same) european flat-fish. [origin unknown]
- adj. Colloq. = *brilliant adj. 4. [abbreviation]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The largest cockroach on record is one measured at 3.81 inches in length.