A man met his tailor in the street and stopped him.
"I quite forgot to pay for the suit which I have on now," he said. "Why didn"t you remind me?"
"I never ask a gentleman for money," the tailor replied.
"Then what do you do if he doesn"t pay?"
"Well, after some time I no longer think he is a gentleman and then I ask him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Person who audits accounts. [french from latin]
v. Make or become greater; increase. augmentation n. [latin: related to *auction]
adj. Literary 1 golden.
- resplendent. [latin aurum gold] AUREOLE
n. (also aureola) 1 halo or circle of light, esp. In a religious painting.
- corona round the sun or moon. [latin, = golden (crown)] AURICLE
n. - each atrium of the heart.
- external ear of animals. auricular adj. [related to *auricula] AUROCHS
n. (pl. Same) extinct wild ox. [german]
n. - (in pl.) Patronage (esp. Under the auspices of).
- omen, premonition. [originally ‘observation of bird-flight’: latin avis bird] AUSTERE
adj. (-terer, -terest) 1 severely simple.
- morally strict. - stern, grim. [greek austeros] AUSTRAL
adj. - southern.
- (austral) of australia or australasia. [latin auster south] - adj. - southern. - (austral) of australia or australasia. [latin auster south] AUTARKY
n. Self-sufficiency, esp. Economic. [greek autos self, arkeo suffice]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The oldest known goldfish lived to 41 years of age. Its name was Fred.