- Sir! Did you have a good holiday? Did you go away?
- Yes, I went to France, to Paris.
- Did you have much trouble with your French when you were there?
- No, I didn"t - but the Parisians did.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
attrib. Adj. (of a record etc.) Unsurpassed.
- attrib. Adj. (of a record etc.) Unsurpassed. ALMANAC
n. (also almanack) calendar, usu. With astronomical data. [medieval latin from greek]
n. Social worker attached to a hospital. [french: related to *alms]
adv. - before the time in question (i knew that already).
- as early or as soon as this (is back already). [from *all, *ready] ALRIGHT
adv. = all right (see *all).
n. - loser in a race.
- undistinguished person. ALUMINA
n. Aluminium oxide occurring naturally as corundum and emery.
n. (pl. Alumni; fem. Alumna, pl. Alumnae) former pupil or student. [latin, = nursling, pupil]
n. Plant with small usu. Yellow or white flowers. [greek, = curing madness]
n. - mixture or blend.
- alloy of mercury and another metal, used esp. In dentistry. [greek malagma an emollient]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A dog"s sense of smell is one of the keenest in nature. If a pot of stew was cooking on a stove, a human would smell the stew, while the dog could smell the beef, carrots, peas, potatoes, spices, and all the other individual ingredients in the stew.