A small child met his new teacher for the first time.
“Are you good?” asked the teacher.
“I am the sort of boy my mummy tells me not to play with.”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—v. (-cing) 1 move or put forward; progress.
- pay or lend (money) beforehand. - promote (a person, cause, etc.). - present (a suggestion etc.). - (as advanced adj.) A well ahead. B socially progressive. —n. - going forward; progress. - prepayment; loan. - (in pl.) Amorous approaches. - rise in price. —attrib. Adj. Done or supplied beforehand (advance warning). advance on approach threateningly. In advance ahead in place or time. [latin: related to *ab-, ante before] ADVERSE
adj. Unfavourable; harmful. adversely adv. [latin: related to *ad-, verto vers- turn]
n. (also advisor) person who advises, esp. Officially.
harp n. Stringed instrument or toy sounding when the wind passes through it. [latin aeolus wind-god, from greek]
n. - pressurized container releasing a substance as a fine spray.
- system of minute particles suspended in gas (e.g. Fog or smoke). [from *aero-, *solution] AFFABLE
adj. - friendly.
- courteous. affability n. Affably adv. [latin affabilis] AFFLICT
v. Distress physically or mentally. [latin fligo flict- strike down]
—n. Open insult. —v. Insult openly; offend, embarrass. [latin: related to *front]
elephant n. The elephant of africa, larger than that of india.
- violet n. House-plant with velvety leaves and blue, purple, or pink flowers. - —n. - native (esp. Dark-skinned) of africa. - person of african descent. —adj. Of africa. [latin] AGAINST
prep. - in opposition to (fight against crime).
- into collision or in contact with (lean against the wall). - to the disadvantage of (my age is against me). - in contrast to (against a dark background). - in anticipation of (against his coming; against the cold). - as a compensating factor to (income against expenditure). - in return for (issued against payment of the fee). against the grain see *grain. Against time see *time. [from *again, with inflectional -s]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A dog"s sense of smell is one of the keenest in nature. If a pot of stew was cooking on a stove, a human would smell the stew, while the dog could smell the beef, carrots, peas, potatoes, spices, and all the other individual ingredients in the stew.