A drummer, sick of all the drummer jokes, decides to change his instrument. After some thought, he decides on the accordion.
So he goes to the music store and says to the owner, "I"d like to look at the accordions, please."
The owner gestures to a shelf in the corner and says, "All our accordions are over there."
After browsing, the drummer says, "I think I"d like the big red one in the corner."
The store owner looks at him and says, "You"re a drummer, aren"t you?"
The drummer, crestfallen, says, "How did you know?"
The store owner says, "That "big red accordion" is the radiator."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-ving) (often foll. By from, of) set or pronounce free from blame or obligation etc. [latin: related to *solve]
v. - (usu. Foll. By from) refrain from indulging (abstained from smoking).
- decline to vote. [latin teneo tent- hold] ABUSIVE
adj. Insulting, offensive. abusively adv.
adj. - colloq. Extremely bad (abysmal food).
- profound, utter (abysmal ignorance). abysmally adv. [latin: related to *abyss] ACADEMY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 place of specialized training (military academy).
- (usu. Academy) society or institution of distinguished scholars, artists, scientists, etc. (royal academy). - scot. Secondary school. [greek akademeia the place in athens where plato taught] ACCLAIM
—v. - welcome or applaud enthusiastically.
- hail as (acclaimed him king). —n. Applause, welcome, public praise. [latin acclamo: related to *claim] - —v. - welcome or applaud enthusiastically. - hail as (acclaimed him king). —n. Applause, welcome, public praise. [latin acclamo: related to *claim] ACCOUNT
—n. - narration, description (an account of his trip).
- arrangement at a bank etc. For depositing and withdrawing money, credit, etc. (open an account). - record or statement of financial transactions with the balance (kept detailed accounts). —v. Consider as (account him wise, a fool). ACERBIC
adj. Harsh and sharp, esp. In speech or manner. acerbity n. (pl. -ies). [latin acerbus sour]
n. - salt or ester of acetic acid, esp. The cellulose ester.
- fabric made from this. ACETONE
n. Colourless volatile liquid that dissolves organic compounds, esp. Paints, varnishes, etc.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Butterflies taste with their feet.