- My father had two horses that looked so much alike that he measured them so he could tell them apart.
- Did that help?
- It sure did. He found that the white one was 6 inches shorter than the black one.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-ring) 1 regard with approval, respect, or satisfaction.
- express admiration of. admirer n. Admiring adj. Admirlingly adv. [latin: related to *ad-, miror wonder at] ADONIS
n. Handsome young man. [latin, name of a youth loved by venus]
adv. & predic.adj. - drifting.
- powerless; aimless. - colloq. A unfastened. B out of order, wrong (plans went adrift). ADROIT
adj. Dexterous, skilful. [french à droit according to right]
v. (usu. Of a solid) hold (molecules of a gas or liquid etc.) To its surface, forming a thin film. adsorbent adj. & n. Adsorption n. [from *ad-, *absorb]
n. - season before christmas.
- coming of christ. - (advent) important arrival. [latin adventus from venio come] ADVERB
n. Word indicating manner, degree, circumstance, etc., used to modify an adjective, verb, or other adverb (e.g. Gently, quite, then). adverbial adj. [latin: related to *ad-, verbum word, *verb]
n. Colloq. Advertisement. [abbreviation]
n. - recommendation on how to act.
- information given; news. - formal notice of a transaction. ADVISE
v. (-sing) 1 (also absol.) Give advice to.
- recommend (advised me to rest). - (usu. Foll. By of, or that + clause) inform. [latin: related to *ad-, video vis- see]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
When a giraffe"s baby is born it falls from a height of six feet, normally without being hurt.