"Excuse me. Do you know the way to the zoo?"
"No, Im sorry I dont."
"Well, its two blocks this way, then one block to the left."
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: A
Found: 1651 results
predic. Adj. Glowing.
aunt n. Colloq. Person (esp. A woman) who answers letters in an agony column.
- column n. Colloq. - column in a magazine etc. Offering personal advice to correspondents.
- = *personal column.
- n. (pl. -ies) 1 extreme mental or physical suffering.
- severe struggle. [greek agon struggle]
v. (-ees, -eed, -eeing) 1 hold the same opinion (i agree with you).
- consent (agreed to go).
- (often foll. By with) a become or be in harmony. B suit (fish didn't agree with him). C gram. Have the same number, gender, case, or person as.
- reach agreement about (agreed a price).
- (foll. By on) decide mutually on (agreed on a compromise). be agreed be of one opinion. [latin: related to *ad-, gratus pleasing]
adv. - further forward in space or time.
- in the lead (ahead on points).
n. Stand for airing or drying clothes etc.
n. - the part of a church on either side of the nave, divided from it by pillars.
- passage between rows of pews, seats, etc. [latin ala wing]
n. The letter h. [french ache]
n. Adult leader of cub scouts. [name of the leader of the wolf-pack in kipling's jungle book]
clock n. Clock that rings at a set time.
- —n. - warning of danger etc.
- a warning sound or device. B = *alarm clock.
- apprehension (filled with alarm). —v. - frighten or disturb.
- warn. alarming adj. Alarmingly adv. [italian all'arme! To arms]
n. - book for photographs, stamps, etc.
- a long-playing gramophone record. B set of these. [latin, = blank tablet, from albus white]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The largest cockroach on record is one measured at 3.81 inches in length.