—adj. Arousing sexual desire. —n. Aphrodisiac substance. [greek aphrodite goddess of love]
n. Formal name or title; nomenclature.
adj. - naming.
- gram. (of a noun) designating a class, common.
n. - formal request.
- act of applying.
- substance applied.
- a relevance. B use (has many applications).
n. - appointing or being appointed.
- arrangement for meeting or consultation.
- a post or office open to applicants. B person appointed.
- (usu. In pl.) Furniture, fittings; equipment.
adj. Significant, considerable. [french: related to *appreciate]
n. Approval, consent. [latin probo test]
—adj. Suitable, proper. —v. (-ting) 1 take, esp. Without authority.
- devote (money etc.) To special purposes. appropriately adv. Appropriation n. [latin proprius own]
—adj. Fairly correct, near to the actual (approximate price). —v. (-ting) (often foll. By to) bring or come near (esp. In quality, number, etc.). approximately adv. Approximation n. [latin proximus nearest]
n. Settlement of a dispute by an impartial third party.
- n. Settlement of a dispute by an impartial third party.
Crocodiles and alligators are surprisingly fast on land. Although they are rapid, they are not agile; so if you ever find yourself chased by one, run in a zigzag line. You"ll lose him or her every time.