A small child met his new teacher for the first time.
“Are you good?” asked the teacher.
“I am the sort of boy my mummy tells me not to play with.”
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: A
Found: 1651 results
v. (-ging) 1 recognize; accept the truth of (acknowledged its failure).
- confirm the receipt of (a letter etc.).
- a show that one has noticed (acknowledged my arrival with a grunt). B express appreciation of (a service etc.).
- recognize the validity of, own (the acknowledged king). [from *ad-, *knowledge]
n. Thing acquired, esp. A mental attainment.
n. - thing acquired, esp. When useful.
- acquiring or being acquired. [latin: related to *acquire]
adj. Keen to acquire things.
adj. Bitter in manner or temper. acrimony n.
n. Medical treatment using needles in parts of the body. acupuncturist n. [latin acu with needle]
n. Promotion of a person, cause, or plan.
adj. Venturesome, enterprising.
n.pl. (usu. Treated as sing.) Science or practice of motion in the air. aeronautic adj. Aeronautical adj. [from *aero-, *nautical]
n. - artificial manner.
- (foll. By of) studied display.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat sees about six times better than a human at night.