n. Member of the aristocracy.
mean n. = *average 2.
- progression n. Sequence of numbers with constant intervals (e.g. 9, 7, 5, 3, etc.).
- —n. - science of numbers.
- use of numbers; computation. —adj. (also arithmetical) of arithmetic. [greek arithmos number]
n. Huge battle or struggle, esp. Marking the end of the world. [rev. 16:16]
—adj. - fluent and clear in speech.
- (of sound or speech) having clearly distinguishable parts.
- having joints. —v. (-ting) 1 a pronounce distinctly. B speak or express clearly.
- (usu. In passive) connect by joints.
- mark with apparent joints.
- (often foll. By with) form a joint. articulately adv.
adj. - not natural (artificial lake).
- imitating nature (artificial flowers).
- affected, insincere. artificiality n. Artificially adv. [latin: related to *artifice]
- insemination n. Non-sexual injection of semen into the uterus.
- intelligence n. Use of computers for tasks normally regarded as needing human intelligence.
- respiration n. Manual or mechanical stimulation of breathing.
n. (us asafetida) resinous pungent plant gum used in cooking and formerly in medicine. [persian aza mastic: related to *fetid]
n. (often foll. By over) dominant power or control.
v. (-ting) suffocate. asphyxiation n.
n. House-plant with broad tapering leaves. [greek aspis shield]
n. - ambition or desire.
- drawing breath or phonet. Aspirating.