A woman walked into the kitchen to find her husband stalking around with a fly swatter.
"What are you doing?" she asked.
"Hunting flies," he responded.
"Oh… Killed any?" she asked.
"Yep, three males, two females," he replied.
Intrigued, she asked, "How can you tell?"
He responded, "Three were on a beer can, two were on the phone."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. = *aphorism. [latin from greek]
adj. - of or causing apoplexy.
- colloq. Enraged. APOSTOLATE
n. - position or authority of an apostle.
- leadership in reform. APOSTROPHE
n. - punctuation mark (') indicating: a omission of letters or numbers (e.g. Can't; may '92). B possessive case (e.g. Harry's book; boys' coats).
- exclamatory passage addressed to (an often absent) person or thing. apostrophize v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) (in sense 2). [greek, = turning away] APOTHECARY
n. (pl. -ies) archaic dispensing chemist. [greek apotheke storehouse]
n. (pl. -theoses) 1 elevation to divine status, deification.
- glorification of a thing; sublime example (apotheosis of chivalry). [greek theos god] APPARITION
n. Remarkable or unexpected thing that appears; ghost or phantom.
n. - act of appearing.
- outward form as perceived (appearance of prosperity). - semblance. keep up appearances maintain an impression or pretence of virtue, affluence, etc. Make (or put in) an appearance be present, esp. Briefly. APPETIZING
adj. (also -ising) stimulating the appetite, esp. For food; tasty.
adj. (often foll. By to) that may be applied; relevant; appropriate. applicability n. [medieval latin: related to *apply]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.