Sherlock Holmes and his friend Watson were on a camping and hiking trip.
They had gone to bed and were lying there looking up at the sky. Holmes said, "Watson, look up. What do you see?"
"Well, I see thousands of stars."
"And what does that mean to you?"
"Well, I guess it means we will have another nice day tomorrow. What does it mean to you, Holmes?"
"To me, it means someone has stolen our tent."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Ambitious or ruthless person. [french: related to *arrive]
n. - pointed tip of an arrow.
- water-plant with arrow-shaped leaves. ARROWROOT
n. - nutritious starch.
- plant yielding this. ARTHRITIS
n. Inflammation of a joint or joints. arthritic adj. & n. [greek arthron joint]
n. Invertebrate with a segmented body and jointed limbs, e.g. An insect, spider, or crustacean. [greek arthron joint, pous pod- foot]
- n. Invertebrate with a segmented body and jointed limbs, e.g. An insect, spider, or crustacean. [greek arthron joint, pous pod- foot] ARTICHOKE
n. - plant allied to the thistle.
- (in full globe artichoke) its partly edible flower-head (see also *jerusalem artichoke). [italian from arabic] ARTICULAR
adj. Of a joint or joints. [latin: related to *article]
n. - craftsman.
- skilled military mechanic. ARTILLERY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 heavy guns used in land warfare.
- branch of the army using these. artilleryman n. [french artiller equip] ASAFETIDA
n. (brit. Asafoetida) resinous pungent plant gum used in cooking and formerly in medicine. [persian aza mastic: related to *fetid]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Adult ants cannot chew and swallow solid food. Instead they swallow the juice which they squeeze from pieces of food.