n. Minor alteration or addition in a document, resolution, etc.
n. Artificial radioactive metallic element. [america, where first made]
adv. In or into the middle of a ship. [from *amid, alternative form midships]
adj. - of no definite shape.
- mineral. & chem. Non-crystalline. [greek a- not, morphe form]
n. The sign ‘&’ (= and). [corruption of and *per se and]
—adj. Of a class of vertebrates (e.g. Frogs) with an aquatic larval stage followed by a terrestrial adult stage. —n. - vertebrate of this class.
- vehicle able to operate both on land and in water. [greek amphi- both, bios life]
n. Electronic device for increasing the strength of electrical signals, esp. For conversion into sound.
modulation n. Modulation of a wave by variation of its amplitude.
- n. - maximum departure from average of an oscillation, alternating current, etc.
- spaciousness; abundance. [latin: related to *ample]
arcade n. Indoor area with slot-machines.
- n. - thing that amuses.
- being amused.
- mechanical device (e.g. A roundabout) for entertainment at a fairground etc.
n. Synthesis of complex molecules in living organisms from simpler ones together with the storage of energy. [greek anabole ascent]