A man asked for a meal in a restaurant. The waiter brought the food and put it on the table. After a moment, the man called the waiter and said:
"Waiter! Waiter! There"s a fly in my soup!"
"Please don"t speak so loudly, sir," said the waiter, "or everyone will want one."
- bang theory n. Theory that the universe began with the explosion of dense matter.
- brother n. Supposedly benevolent watchful dictator.
- end n. (in a vehicle) end of the connecting-rod, encircling the crankpin.
- money n. Large amounts of money.
- noise n. (also big shot) colloq. = *bigwig.
- stick n. Colloq. Display of force.
- time n. (prec. By the) slang success, esp. In show business. big-timer n.
- top n. Main tent in a circus.
- wheel n. Ferris wheel.
- —adj. (bigger, biggest) 1 a of considerable size, amount, intensity, etc. B of a large or the largest size (big toe).
- important (my big day).
- adult, elder (big sister).
- colloq. A boastful (big words). B often iron. Generous (big of him). C ambitious (big ideas).
- (usu. Foll. By with) advanced in pregnancy (big with child). —adv. Colloq. Impressively or grandly (think big). in a big way colloq. With great enthusiasm, display, etc. biggish adj. [origin unknown]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".