A man speaks frantically into the phone, "My wife is pregnant, and her contractions are only two minutes apart!"
"Is this her first child?" the doctor queries.
"No, you idiot!" the man shouts. "This is her husband!"
- colloq. Ill, injured (feeling bad today; a bad leg).
- colloq. Regretful, guilty (feels bad about it).
- serious, severe (a bad headache, mistake).
- a morally unacceptable (bad man; bad language). B naughty.
- not valid (a bad cheque). 10 (badder, baddest) esp. Us slang excellent. —n. Ill fortune; ruin. —adv. Us colloq. Badly. not (or not so) bad colloq. Fairly good. Too bad colloq. Regrettable. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".