The doctor explained to Jenkins that he had a serious ailment for which an operation was absolutely imperative.
The patient turned pale and asked, "Isn’t it very dangerous?"
"Yes," the doctor replied. "Five out of six who undergo this operation die, but as for you, you have nothing to worry about."
"Why not?" eagerly inquired the patient.
"Well, you’re sure to recover because my last five patients died," the doctor reassured him.
Crossword puzzle help
v. (-ting) shorten, esp. Represent (a word etc.) By a part of it. abbreviation n. [latin: related to *brief]
—adj. Of aberdeen. —n. Native or citizen of aberdeen. [medieval latin]
n. - aberrant behaviour; moral or mental lapse.
- biol. Deviation from a normal type. - distortion of an image because of a defect in a lens or mirror. - astron. Apparent displacement of a celestial body. ABHORRENCE
n. Disgust; detestation.
adj. Fit, healthy.
- seaman n. Ordinary trained seaman. ABNEGATION
n. Denial; renunciation of a doctrine.
adj. - detestable, loathsome.
- colloq. Very unpleasant (abominable weather). abominably adv. [latin abominor deprecate] - snowman n. Supposed manlike or bearlike himalayan animal; yeti. ABORIGINAL
—adj. - indigenous, inhabiting a land from the earliest times, esp. Before the arrival of colonists.
- (usu. Aboriginal) of australian aborigines. —n. - aboriginal inhabitant. - (usu. Aboriginal) aboriginal inhabitant of australia. [latin: related to *origin] - —adj. - indigenous, inhabiting a land from the earliest times, esp. Before the arrival of colonists. - (usu. Aboriginal) of australian aborigines. —n. - aboriginal inhabitant. - (usu. Aboriginal) aboriginal inhabitant of australia. [latin: related to *origin] ABOVEBOARD
adj. & adv. Without concealment; open or openly.
adv. - completely, utterly.
- in an absolute sense (god exists absolutely). - colloq. (used in reply) quite so; yes.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A woodpecker can peck twenty times a second.