An elementary school teacher sends this note to all parents on the first day of school.
"If you promise not to believe everything your child says happens at school, I will promise not to believe everything your child says happens at home.
Crossword puzzle help
abbr. - automobile association.
- alcoholics anonymous. - anti-aircraft. AB
initio adv. From the beginning. [latin]
- prefix off, away, from (abduct). [latin] AC
abbr. - (also ac) alternating current.
- aircraftman. - abbr. Account. [account current] - suffix forming adjectives often (or only) used as nouns (cardiac; maniac). [latin -acus, greek -akos] - symb. Actinium. AD
abbr. Of the christian era. [*anno domini]
- hoc adv. & adj. For one particular occasion or use. [latin] - infinitum adv. Without limit; for ever. [latin] - lib —v. (-bb-) improvise. —adj. Improvised. —adv. As one pleases, to any desired extent. [abbreviation of latin ad libitum according to pleasure] - n. Colloq. Advertisement. [abbreviation] - nauseam adv. Excessively; disgustingly. [latin, = to sickness] - prefix (altered or assimilated before some letters) implying motion or direction to, reduction or change into, addition, adherence, increase, or intensification. [latin] AF
abbr. Audio frequency.
symb. Silver. [latin argentum]
abbr. In the year of the hegira (ad 622); of the muslim era. [latin anno hegirae]
- int. Expressing surprise, pleasure, realization, etc. [french a] AI
abbr. - artificial insemination.
- artificial intelligence. AL
dente adj. (of pasta etc.) Cooked so as to be still firm when bitten. [italian, = ‘to the tooth’]
- suffix 1 (also -ial) forming adjectives meaning ‘relating to, of the kind of’ (central; tidal; dictatorial). - forming nouns, esp. Of verbal action (removal). [latin -alis] - symb. Aluminium. AM
1st person sing. Present of *be.
- Abbr. Before noon. [latin ante meridiem] - abbr. Amplitude modulation. - symb. Americium.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Cholesterol is a vitamin for insects.