One day Holmes and Watson are flying a dirigible balloon. It is foggy around, they have lost their way. Suddenly they see - a shepherd is grazing sheep below. The men are very glad and shout:
- The dear, tell us, please, where we are now?
- You are in the dirigible balloon.
- I understand... - Holmes says. - We are flying over Russia.
- But why? - Watson is surprised.
- It’s elementary, Buddy! Only a programmer could give such an exact and useless answer at the same time. And only in Russia programmers can look after sheep.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
pl. Of *quantum.
tile n. Unglazed floor-tile.
- —n. (pl. -ies) place from which stone etc. May be extracted. —v. (-ies, -ied) extract (stone) from a quarry. [latin quadrum square] - n. (pl. -ies) 1 intended victim or prey. - object of pursuit. [latin cor heart] QUARTO
n. (pl. -s) 1 size of a book or page given by folding a sheet of standard size twice to form four leaves.
- book or sheet of this size. [latin: related to *quart] QUARTZ
clock n. (also quartz watch) clock or watch operated by vibrations of an electrically driven quartz crystal.
- n. Silica in various mineral forms. [german from slavonic] QUASAR
n. Astron. Starlike object with a large redshift. [from quasi-stellar]
—v. - (esp. Of a voice or sound) vibrate, shake, tremble.
- sing or say with a quavering voice. —n. - mus. Note half as long as a crotchet. - trill in singing. - tremble in speech. quavery adj. [probably imitative] QUEASY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 a (of a person) nauseous. B (of the stomach) easily upset, weak of digestion.
- (of the conscience etc.) Overscrupulous. queasily adv. Queasiness n. [origin uncertain] QUEENS
counsel n. Counsel to the crown, taking precedence over other barristers.
- english n. (prec. By the) english language correctly written or spoken. - evidence see *evidence. - guide n. Guide who has reached the highest rank of proficiency. - highway n. Public road, regarded as being under the sovereign's protection. - proctor n. Official who has the right to intervene in probate, divorce, and nullity cases when collusion or the suppression of facts is alleged. - scout n. Scout who has reached the highest standard of proficiency. QUENCH
v. - satisfy (thirst) by drinking.
- extinguish (a fire or light). - cool, esp. With water. - esp. Metallurgy cool (a hot substance) in cold water etc. - stifle or suppress (desire etc.). [old english] QUICHE
n. Savoury flan. [french]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
There are more than 50 different kinds of kangaroos.