- My father had two horses that looked so much alike that he measured them so he could tell them apart.
- Did that help?
- It sure did. He found that the white one was 6 inches shorter than the black one.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
predic. Adj. On even terms by retaliation or repayment. call it quits acknowledge that things are now even; agree to stop quarrelling. [probably related to *quit]
n. - external angle of a building.
- cornerstone. - wedge used in printing and gunnery. [var. Of *coin] QUOIT
n. - ring thrown to encircle an iron peg.
- (in pl.) Game using these. [origin unknown] QUOTA
n. - share to be contributed to, or received from, a total.
- number of goods, people, etc., stipulated or permitted. [latin quotus from quot how many] QUOTE
—v. (-ting) 1 cite or appeal to (an author, book, etc.) In confirmation of some view.
- a repeat or copy out a passage from. B (foll. By from) cite (an author, book, etc.). - (foll. By as) cite (an author etc.) As proof, evidence, etc. - a enclose (words) in quotation marks. B (as int.) Verbal formula indicating opening quotation marks (he said, quote, ‘i shall stay’). - (often foll. By at, also absol.) State the price of. —n. Colloq. - passage quoted. - price quoted. - (usu. In pl.) Quotation marks. [latin quoto mark with numbers] QUOTH
v. (only in 1st and 3rd person) archaic said. [old english]
comb. Form four. [latin quattuor four]
adj. Attractively odd or old-fashioned. quaintly adv. Quaintness n. [french cointe from latin cognosco ascertain]
n. Member of the society of friends. quakerism n.
n. (pl. -s) semi-public body with financial support from and senior appointments made by the government. [abbreviation of quasi (or quasi-autonomous) non-government(al) organization]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Penguins don"t have teeth but they still can bite.