It was World War II, and the captain was attempting to rally the GIs on the eve of a big offensive.
"Out there," said the captain, "is your enemy. The man who has made your life miserable, who is working to destroy you; the man who has been trying to kill you day after day throughout this war."
Private Johnson jumped to his feet. "My God! The cook’s working for the Germans!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
Abbr. Per annum.
- abbr. - personal assistant. - public address (system). - n. Colloq. Father. [abbreviation of *papa] - symb. Protactinium. PB
symb. Lead. [latin plumbum]
Abbr. - per cent.
- postcard. - abbr. - police constable. - privy councillor. - personal computer. PD
- symb. Palladium. PE
abbr. Physical education.
abbr. (of a film) classified as suitable for children subject to parental guidance.
n. Measure of the acidity or alkalinity of a solution. [german potenz power, h (symbol for hydrogen)]
meson var. Of *pion.
- n. - sixteenth letter of the greek alphabet (p, p). - (as p) the symbol of the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter (approx. 3.14). [greek] PL
Abbr. - plural.
- (usu. Pl.) Place. - plate. PM
Abbr. After noon. [latin post meridiem]
- abbr. - prime minister. - post-mortem. - symb. Promethium.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The placement of a donkey"s eyes in its" heads enables it to see all four feet at all times.