A man was driving down the road with twenty penguins in the back seat.
The police stop him and say that he can’t drive around with the penguins in the car and should take them to the zoo.
The man agrees and drives off.
The next day the same man is driving down the road with twenty penguins in the back and again he is stopped by the same police officer who says, "Hey! I thought I told you to take those to the zoo."
The man replies, "I did. Today I’m taking them to the movies."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
abbr. Justice of the peace.
—v. (-bb-) 1 a poke roughly. B stab.
- (foll. By into) thrust (a thing) hard or abruptly. —n. - abrupt blow, thrust, or stab. - colloq. Hypodermic injection. [var. Of job = prod] JAG
—n. Sharp projection of rock etc. —v. (-gg-) 1 cut or tear unevenly.
- make indentations in. [imitative] - n. Slang 1 drinking bout. - period of indulgence in an activity, emotion, etc. [originally dial., = load] JAM
—v. (-mm-) 1 a (usu. Foll. By into, together, etc.) Squeeze, cram, or wedge into a space. B become wedged.
- cause (machinery etc.) To become wedged or (of machinery etc.) Become wedged and unworkable. - a block (a passage, road, etc.) By crowding etc. B (foll. By in) obstruct the exit of (was jammed in). - (usu. Foll. By on) apply (brakes etc.) Forcefully or abruptly. - make (a radio transmission) unintelligible by interference. - colloq. (in jazz etc.) Improvise with other musicians. —n. - squeeze, crush. - crowded mass (traffic jam). - colloq. Predicament. - stoppage (of a machine etc.) Due to jamming. - (in full jam session) colloq. (in jazz etc.) Improvised ensemble playing. [imitative] - n. - conserve of boiled fruit and sugar. - colloq. Easy or pleasant thing (money for jam). jam tomorrow promise of future treats etc. That never materialize. [perhaps from *jam1] JAN
n. & adj. Colloq. Often offens. = *japanese. [abbreviation]
n. - a container, usu. Of glass and cylindrical. B contents of this.
- colloq. Glass of beer. [french from arabic] - —v. (-rr-) 1 (often foll. By on) (of sound, manner, etc.) Sound discordant, grate (on the nerves etc.). - a (often foll. By against, on) (cause to) strike (esp. Part of the body) with vibration or shock (jarred his neck). B vibrate with shock etc. - (often foll. By with) be at variance or in conflict. —n. - jarring sound or sensation. - physical shock or jolt. [imitative] - n. on the jar ajar. [obsolete char turn: see *ajar, *char2] JAW
—n. - a upper or lower bony structure in vertebrates containing the teeth. B corresponding parts of certain invertebrates.
- a (in pl.) The mouth with its bones and teeth. B narrow mouth of a valley, channel, etc. C gripping parts of a tool etc. D grip (jaws of death). - colloq. Tedious talk (hold your jaw). —v. Colloq. Speak, esp. At tedious length. [french] JAY
n. Noisy european bird of the crow family with vivid plumage. [latin gaius, gaia, perhaps from the name gaius: cf. Jackdaw, robin]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
There are more than 50 different kinds of kangaroos.