A lawyer and a doctor were on an extravagant fishing trip.
The lawyer said, "I am here because my house burned down and everything I owned was burned. The insurance company paid a mint for everything I lost."
"Now that’s quite a coincidence," said the doctor, "I’m here because my house and all my belongings were destroyed by a flood, and my insurance company also paid for everything."
The lawyer looked somewhat confused and said, "Really? How do you start a flood?"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
abbr. - east central.
- european community. ED
Abbr. - edited by.
- edition. - editor. - educated. - suffix forming adjectives: 1 from nouns, meaning ‘having, wearing, etc.’ (talented; trousered). - from phrases of adjective and noun (good-humoured). [old english] - suffix forming: 1 past tense and past participle of weak verbs (needed). - participial adjectives (escaped prisoner). [old english] EE
suffix forming nouns denoting: 1 person affected by the verbal action (employee; payee).
- person concerned with or described as (absentee; refugee). - object of smaller size (bootee). [french -e in past part.] EF
Abbr. For example. [latin exempli gratia]
int. Colloq. - expressing enquiry or surprise.
- inviting assent. - asking for repetition or explanation. [instinctive exclamation] EM
n. Printing unit of measurement equal to the width of an m. [name of the letter m]
- pron. Colloq. Them. - ,2 see *en-1,2. EN
bloc adv. In a block; all at the same time. [french]
- famille adv. In or with one's family. [french, = in family] - masse adv. All together. [french] - n. Printing unit of measurement equal to half an em. [name of the letter n] - passant adv. In passing; casually (mentioned it en passant). [french, = in passing] - route adv. On the way. [french] - suffix forming verbs: 1 from adjectives, usu. Meaning ‘make or become so or more so’ (deepen; moisten). - from nouns (happen; strengthen). [old english] - suite —adv. Forming a single unit (bedroom with bathroom en suite). —adj. - forming a single unit (en suite bathroom). - with a bathroom attached (seven en suite bedrooms). [french, = in sequence] - prefix (also em- before b, p) forming verbs, = *in-2: 1 from nouns, meaning ‘put into or on’ (engulf; entrust; embed). - from nouns or adjectives, meaning ‘bring into the condition of’ (enslave); often with the suffix -en (enlighten). - from verbs: a in the sense ‘in, into, on’ (enfold). B as an intensifier (entangle). [french en-, latin in-] - prefix (also em- before b, p) in, inside (energy; enthusiasm). [greek] EP
abbr. Extended-play (gramophone record).
abbr. Queen elizabeth. [latin elizabetha regina]
- int. Expressing hesitation. [imitative] - symb. Erbium. - suffix forming nouns from nouns, adjectives, and verbs, denoting: 1 person, animal, or thing that does (cobbler; poker). - person or thing that is (foreigner; four-wheeler). - person concerned with (hatter; geographer). - person from (villager; sixth-former). [old english] - suffix forming the comparative of adjectives (wider) and adverbs (faster). [old english] - suffix used in a slang distortion of the word (rugger). [probably an extension of *-er1]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The oldest known goldfish lived to 41 years of age. Its name was Fred.